What is the EPC?
The EPC is a payment option for weekly UI benefits
How do I use EPC?
It can be used:
- To get cash from an ATM or bank
- To make purchases at retail location, similar to a debit card
How do I get a Visa EPC?
- You must file a claim and be eligible to receive UI benefits
- When filing your claim, you will have the option to receive your benefits via Direct Deposit or EPC
- Your card will be mailed to you in a white windowed envelope with a return address of “Rhode Island Department of Labor & Training” logo
How do I activate my EPC?
Contact Chase Customer Service’s toll-free number at 1-866-847-8586 and select a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
What is an ATM surcharge fee?
- A surcharge is a fee charged by the bank or entity that owns the ATM. A surcharge fee is in addition to possible transaction fees. You will never have to pay a surcharge if you use an Allpoint, BankRI or Chase ATM.
- Please note: Allpoint, BankRI and Chase ATMs will ask you to agree to pay a surcharge, but you will not incur this fee. You must agree to accept the surcharge in order to complete your transaction, but the surcharge will not be subtracted from your account balance.
- Click here to find a list of Electronic Payment Card Service Fees.
What is a transaction fee?
A transaction fee is a cost you may incur when using the card at non-member banks. You can make two free ATM cash withdrawal for each benefit deposit at non-member banks.
Is EPC my only payment option?
No, UI benefits can also be paid via direct deposit into a personal bank account
How do I change my payment method?
Please visit http://www.dlt.ri.gov/ui/DirectDeposit.htm to update your bank account information or change your payment method.
Whom do I contact if I have additional questions regarding EPC?
Chase Customer Service at 1-866-847-8586. The call center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.