Para la traducción hacer clic en el cuadro de arriba
Para tradução em Português, por favor clique a caixa em cima

Home Unemployment/TDI Workforce Development Governor's Workforce Board Regulation & Safety Workers' Comp Labor Market Information


Unemployment Information for Veterans


If you are a servicemember separating from active duty you may qualify for unemployment compensation if you are unable to find a new job. The Unemployment Compensation for Ex-service members (UCX) program provides benefits for eligible ex-military personnel. The program is administered by the States as agents of the Federal government.

People Standing in front of the America Flag

Resources for Veterans

To looking for jobs or training opportunities, contact Veterans counselors at any one of our
netWORKri Career Centers. They will assist you with career planning, resume writing, job search and more.

Check out EmployRI - an interactive internet application where you can search and apply for jobs, match your skills to new career opportunities and check out local educational institutions.

Visit our Workforce Development Veterans Services page for more information on Veterans Services.

Eligibility - You may be eligible if:

▶ You were on active duty with a branch of the US military, and you have separated under honorable conditions.

▶You should file for benefits in the week of your discharge date, as shown on your DD-214 (Discharge Papers).

▶ You are allowed to file a claim in the state whose soil you are standing on. There are no residency requirements that need to be met for UCX.

▶ Retirement pay and disability retirement pay reduces UCX benefits dollar for dollar. VA benefits do not affect UCX benefits.


Filing for Unemployment for Military Personnel (UCX)

If you are currently unemployed, you can apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits online or by calling the UI Services Center at (401) 415-6772.

If you are currently collecting benefits or if you receive a notice of layoff from your employer and are called to active duty, you should call the UI Service Center and inform the interviewer of your situation.

You will need your Social Security number and your civilian and military job history. You will also need your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 Member 4 Copy) available. We will inform you of any other requirements you may need.

You have two options for UCX payments; direct deposit or Electronic Payment Card.


Request discharge papers (DD214)     Request copy of miliary record



































If you have exhausted your benefits, visit our additional resources web page.

Labor Market Info | temporary Disability/Caregiver | Unemployment | Workers' Comp | Workforce Development | Workforce Regulation Safety | R.I. Government Agencies | Privacy Policy |
Rhode Island State Seal An Official Rhode Island State website.

DLT is an equal opportunity employer/program - auxiliary aids and services available upon request. TTY via RI Relay: 711